Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Sea Lion Sound Bytes from the Galapagos

Sea lions everywhere!!! You can not get away from sea lions anywhere you go in the Galapagos Islands. They are so cute, but the Beach Masters can be intimidating and people have been know to get their noses bit off when tourists get too close. Gabriel told us when we are on a beach with sea lions that the Beach Masters always get the right-of-way. We saw this in action when they were chasing other bulls out of their closely guarded harems.

Sound byte number one.


Sound byte number two

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

My name is Irene Geerdink, and I'm living in Holland.
One day, I want to go to the Galàgaposeilands. My dream is to become a sea lion trainer. And when I saw your movies, I liked them so much! So my compliments! On the movies you can see perfect the distance between you and the sea lions. SO CLOSE!

I have a sea lion site. But it's typed in Dutch. There are also things to read about the Galàgaposeilands.

If you want, you can leave a message. You have to click on 'reageer' : it's means: react/leave a message.
My site is: www.zeeleeuwen.web-log.nl

I think it's great you travel trough South America! I wish you all the best for the rest of it!

Greetz Irene, From Holland!